Friday, January 06, 2006

Surprise, surprise!

Wandering through the woods, I am looking to see whether I could espy these devilish little elves everyone keeps talking about. I am scanning the trees and not altogether looking where I am going, when suddenly I am grabbed by the shoulders. I turn around only to see Dame Washalot there with her big scrubbing brush.
"I think you need a good scrub before you go wandering off. Otherwise you will never see all the delights awaiting you."
Underneath her rough treatment of me, I could see that she had my interests at heart.
So into the tub I popped. Surprisingly, the water was warm. She looked at me for sometime to see what needed to be scrubbed away.
"Look at those shoulders, they have been carrying too much responsibilty for so long, they are so tense and taut and bowed down"
With her brush, she scrubbed and scrubbed. The tub began to fill with suds. Up, up they bubbled over the edge of the tub. They flowed over the side and down the path all the way to the stream at the bottom of the woods.
Then to my amazement, I could see the little elves picking up my worries in the suds and throwing them away. They were having such a lovely time, chattering away.
I wonder what they were saying?

4 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Loved reading this.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger le Enchanteur said...

Well you picked up the concept, ran with it and kicked a goal as we would say in Melbourne. I love the thought of Dame Washalot grabbing you by the shoulders and giving you a jolly good scrub with her scrubbing brush. And to remove those responsibilities too. The Dame will have a queue waiting to see her now.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Leonie Bryant said...

Thankyou Heather, I enjoyed writing it

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Fran said...

Loved the elves finding something useful to do! The Sec and Supe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home