Monday, January 16, 2006

The Land of Dreams

I went to The Land of Dreams to see whom I might meet
There was an image of myself on each deserted street

And the things I push aside whilst walking on this earth
Came hurtling up to greet me, without a trace of mirth

People talking at me and doing things I didn’t like
I tried to make them hear me but my voice box went on strike

With angst I screamed in silence, unable to be heard
I wonder what it feels like to be a caged and flightless bird

So when I ran into Silky we hurriedly took flight
Far away from this hard land, it’s haunting clouds of white

Back to the warmth of our tree, the things of stone and science
Where my footprints retreated heavily into a cone of silence


Today I met a stranger passing through the enchanted wood
He said we’d met before - ‘please remember me’ (if I could)
But I had no waking memory of this visitor’s face
We must have met before, in a haunting, white-clouded place

1 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Evocative and mysterious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home