Saturday, February 25, 2006

This is my faraway tree


Hi everyone.

I thought I'd share this with you. I've been thinking of what I can share and I thought I'd share the Tree Of Life Mural I painted on my dining room wall.

Its the first thing I see when I get home and always a welcome treat. I felt like that tree painted itself after I finished it. I couldn't believe I painted it. Maybe I didn't and some magical hand painted it instead? Anyway, that's how magical that tree is to me.

That tree spawned the plant mural beside it. They're a cross between venus fly traps, ferns and some mutations thrown in as the three eyeballs would attest to.




I've painted, conceived, drawn many a visual concepts in front of that tree. I almost wish it is a portal so I can stay and do art all day instead of going off to work. LOL!

5 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

These images are just sensational Winnie Rose. I would love to do something like this but there is not a room in my house that would suit a mural. Perhaps the middle bedroom could take a feature wall. Anyway! I think this looks simply sensational.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

I love it, Winnie Rose - what a beautiful and inspirational thing to have in your house! It must be truly magical.

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Nature in the house! I just love this.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger wrr said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger wrr said...

Hi everyone. Thanks for your words of praise. I do need it and thrive when people see the magic in what seems to be work that flowed through my hands.

I wish I lived near by, Heather. I'd help you with that wall.

I do end up working on the dining room table in front of that tree instead of my studio, Gail.

Faucon, I love plants and I can't really bring in a lot as plants love sunlight, something my place have in the wrong places. So instead I painted them on the wall. I have a couple of plants by the window though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home